Monday, November 16, 2009

My Crafty Life

I feel bad that I haven't had the time to update my blog lately.  I've been busy preparing for my upcoming Christmas craft shows, and making more bags for my Etsy Shop orders. November and December are always the busiest time of the year for me.  Everyone is getting excited in anticipation of the Christmas Season. As it is for me, I find that it's the most stressful time of year.

I just want to take this opportunatety to show you what I go though in my daily crafty life and the process my bags go through from initial design to finished product.


I usually start by sketching out a rough design on a blank piece of paper. I usually get my idea while sitting in the car, watching T.V., or on a crowded street...I often look like I'm daydreaming...LOL!!. I then sit down to figure out the more functional usage of the bag when I have a quiet moment. I like smart designs, and my intention is that I don't just create JUST a bag...but a multi-functional accessory that you can carry anywhere while still looking stylish. Many people have approached me to ask me what is the origin of the name "FUCHST BAGS".  I tell them that it simply means Functional, Chic, and Stylish.  I always keep my business name in mind every time I come up with a new design.




I then cut out the patterns...


...preparing for cutting


Look at the mess I created!!!!!!!! :D


After all that cutting, I start sewing the bags with my industrial sewing machine.


This was once a nice and neat working studio. Don't worry, I will tidy up the room as soon as the crazy Christmas season is over! ;) Promise!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments: