Sunday, July 19, 2009

My first baby steps..….

I can’t believe I finally have the courage to step forward to write a blog about myself and my crafty life. I've always felt intimidated with starting one and often wondered if anyone would read my blog.

I always hear people say they are shy when meeting and talking to people, but I am just the opposite. I am not shy in person, but am with writing. I sometimes stare at a piece of paper or my computer screen for a llllllllllong time before I actually write a short boring sentence. Lol. I often make excuses for myself that it's because English is my second language. That really is a lame excuse isn’t it?! :P

Just a little introduction of myself… , I am Mandy Hong-Ng. I am married with two lovely boys 7 & 5 years of age. We all live in a beautiful town of Markham, Ontario, Canada. I love designing and creating beautiful things.

I have been designing, sewing, and pattern making since I graduated from college for Fashion Design in 1989. I have since been making wedding gowns, bride’s-maid dresses, drapery, cushions, home accessories, and handbags. I also design and hand-craft jewelry.

I have recently started a line of handbags and am working towards creating a line of clothing if time permits. I have two shops on Etsy, for one for selling hand-crafted handbags and the other for hand-crafted jewelry. All of the designs in my shops are personally handmade by me and I would like to share all of my inspiration and hard work with you.

Here are some of my creations… let me know what you think.


This is a very cool large round bag with lots of room and pockets. You can also unzip the bottom to expand the bag.

This is the flat profile of the bag

See, I wasn't lying, it can be unzipped for expansion!
I have a feeling that you will fall in love with this bag....especially when you see it in person.I don't want to exhaust you with seeing too many of my bags, I will show you some more in my next blog.
Until next time... have a wonderful Sunday afternoon!
PS: I will list and sell my bags in my Etsy shop within a few days, so please check them out at http://fuchstbags.etsy.com/. Thanks!

No comments: